Carp Ridge Forest Retreat B&B
All reservations include a full hot breakfast or choice of cold selections and use of our on-site facilities. Information on all amenities can be found on our website. You may also book a special treatment while you are here.
Our Forest Retreat is a place where we cultivate a quiet and restful space to promote relaxation and restoration. Our policies reflect this goal. We think you will find the atmosphere of our B&B relaxed and informal. To maintain this ambiance, we trust you can understand the importance of adherence to our policies.
We appreciate your understanding of our policies as explained below. Please refer all questions to the B&B Host.
Guests are invited to read these provisions and note their responsibilities, arrangements for payments, cancellation terms and limitations on the liability of the Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre’s Forest Retreat B&B.
Please be sure of your dates and travel plans before you book your stay with us. Once we have committed to hold a room for you, we will turn subsequent inquiries away. Due to the small size of our B&B, any cancellations greatly affect us.
- ACCESSIBILITY: We are wheelchair accessible in the main building. We will have a wheelchair accessible trail in the forest for your enjoyment. We have an accessible washroom and bath/shower. Please alert us to other accessibility needs. We do have some accessibility equipment on site. Please inquire if you find you need a wheelchair or other mobility supports.
- SHOES: Please bring along your house slippers to use in our house and enjoy a selection of soft slippers provided by the entrance door if needed. We prefer that only soft shoes are worn in the house.
- HOT BREAKFAST: is served at specific time. Please specify your preferences on your registration form and advise us of any food allergies. COLD BREAKFAST SELECTIONS are available on a self-catering basis.
- FOOD POLICIES: We provide only healthy, organic, local (as much as possible) food and food from our own garden and forest. While you are with us, we encourage you to try foods that may not be familiar to you as well as much loved offerings.
- QUIET TIME: Please make as little noise as possible indoors between 8 pm and 8 am to avoid disturbing the sleep of other guests/residents. You are welcome to sit in the outdoor sitting area and enjoy conversation and quiet music until 10:00 pm.
- SMOKING: Our Bed and Breakfast, Dining room and bathrooms are smoke free. If, when you check out, your bedroom smells like smoke, your credit card will be charged $500 for extra deep cleaning. Thank you for understanding. If you are still trying to quit smoking we do provide an outdoor smoking area.
- CANDLES: You can purchase non-toxic candles from our store. These should be only used outside please.
- NO body oils on bed sheets: Replacement cost for towels and our all organic linens stained with oils, creams, make up, wine, etc. will be added to your bill.
- PARKING: We have plenty of free parking available on site.
- PETS: We welcome FRIENDLY pets. Pets must be in your control at all times. Please pick up after your pet. We charge $10 per night for each pet.
- VISITOR POLICY: Our B&B is a very private place for rest and relaxation. Use of the room/suite areas is reserved exclusively for our registered guests. You and your daytime visitor(s) can enjoy our forest amenities and our outdoor living areas. Visitors may be provided with meals if booked in advance. Day time visitors are welcome if they do not conflict with other guests’ enjoyment of their stay (no parties or receptions allowed without hosts prior approval). No unregistered overnight visitors please.
- ROBES: If you need a robe, we have them available for sign out—see the B&B Host.
- SECURITY: We have installed security cameras in strategic locations. Tapes will not be available for anyone but security staff.
- FEEDBACK FROM OUR GUESTS: We are very interested in hearing from you about your experience with us. Please sign the guest book and post on Trip Advisor. If you have any complaints, see the B&B Host immediately to have the problem resolved.
- Rates/Policies are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and for special requests. All changes will be immediately posted on our website.
- Accommodation rates are in Canadian funds and are based on one night’s accommodation. Rooms in the B&B each have two single beds. Rates are charged per person.
- Meal Rates: Breakfast is included in your B&B reservation. If you wish to purchase a picnic lunch, a served lunch or a served dinner, these are available and must be arranged when you register.
- Children’s rates: Kids are welcome. Rates for children under 12= $50 per night. Children over 12 pay regular rates. Please note that children must be supervised by an adult at all times. Parents/guardians are fully responsible for any incidents/damages. If a cot is needed for a child in your room, there will be a $20 charge.
- Business Travelers: We will be happy to help you have a comfortable stay while completing your business in the area. Midweek, off season rates may be available. We provide a kiosk where you can use your computer on an ethernet connection. A printer is also provided. WiFi will be turned off in the evening for health reasons.
- Group Rates: We offer group rates when all 4 bedrooms (8 beds) are rented together. We can book the dining room for private use for a group booking. Our Learning Centre is available for booking for group events.
When making a reservation at our Bed and Breakfast, the following info is needed:
- Names of each person registering.
- Children and their ages
- mailing address
- phone number
- credit card info – # and CVD (3-4 digits printed on the back of the card),
expiry date and name on the card. We accept VISA, Mastercard and email transfer.
- dates wanted
- number of occupants
- desired room(s)
- arrival date/time
- special needs
- any dietary restrictions
- accessibility needs
- pets you may be bringing and their names
- Lunch, picnic or dinner requests
- Food sensitivities we need to accommodate
- Visitor meal requests: how many people, what meals, what date
- Credit card info is required to hold a reservation at our Bed and Breakfast – sorry, no reservations will be made without a valid card
- Canadian currency
- Payment for stay 1-14 days is due in full upon arrival
- We accept Interac, debit, VISA, Master Card and email transfer
- Reservation deposit: All reservations made by phone, email, or online are charged one night deposit plus taxes at time of booking.
- On-line reservation: For your convenience, we offer secure on-line reservation.
- Last Minute: For “last minute” 1 night reservation please call us at 613-839-1198 or contact us by email at email@example.com
- Phone reservations: If you prefer to make the arrangements over the phone, call 613-839-1198
- Group Reservations: Please make group arrangements at least two weeks prior to your expected arrival to ensure we will have room availability.
- Please note that the Bed and Breakfast is closed between 11:00 am and 3:00 pm each day. It is our house-keeping/maintenance time; we do not accept arrivals during that period. We do not accept arrivals during that period unless they are prearranged.
- Check In – after 3:00 pm
- If you are arriving after 5:00 pm and do not want to arrive at an empty house, do not forget to let us know the times you are planning to check in. If your arrival times changes, please call 613-839-3211
- Please note, we do NOT have a 24-hour front desk. If you plan to arrive when staff is not available, please alert the B&B Host at 613-839-3211 and you will be provided with door codes for the front door and your room.
- An early luggage drop-off may be requested if you are planning to enjoy some of the great experiences the Carp area can provide. See our Facebook page for more information.
- Check Out – on or before 11:00 am
- Baggage can be left at our office at no cost: please arrange with the B&B host.
- Early Check In between 11:30 am -2:30 pm can be arranged with the B&B Host if it is possible that day. Late Check Out between 11:00 am – 2:30 pm may be available upon request.
While we sympathize with unforeseen circumstances, we are a very small operation and therefore need to adhere to the following policies:
For your protection we strongly advise you purchase travel insurance. Some credit cards provide this as a benefit: please familiarize yourself with your options.
- Our cancellation policy varies according to the length of your stay.
***$25 cancellation fee will be applied to your credit card on all cancellations***.
If you reserved:
- 1 night – no cancellation is available; full charge will apply
- 2 to 14 nights – minimum 7 days’ notice is required
- If your cancellation is made in less time than specified above for any reason (including weather conditions, illness or death in the family) you will be charged for all nights reserved that we are not able to re-book. Refunds of deposit will be made if cancellation notice is received at least fourteen (14) calendar days prior to arrival date. If less than fourteen days and we are able to re-rent the room, a refund will still be extended. Cancellations must be made by phone to the B&B Host at 613-839-3211
- Please note the appropriate notice also applies to any reduction in the number of nights you have committed to stay. No refunds or adjustments after arrival please.
- NO SHOWS:
Payment for all nights booked (plus 13%) will be charged if you do not show.
If you cancel your reservation in less than required notice we will try to rebook, however we will charge your credit card for all nights that we are not able to sell and the $25.00 cancellation fee.
- Weekly rates are 10% off the daily rates. Please note, for weekly bookings, rooms will be cleaned daily but linens will not be changed to reduce environmental impact. If you need clean towels, please request these from the B&B Host. Leave used towels in the shower room.
- If you are booked into an EcoWellness Event, Retreat or Workshop, your overnight rate will be reduced by 10%.
- Group Discounts: If you rent the entire facility, special rates will apply.
Items left behind: Regular items left behind require you to contact us for returns. We’d be happy to put it in the UPS pack to mail back to you for fees charged by UPS. Or, if you can come back, we will hold any items for you.
Wedding/ Family Retreats/ Your Special Events:
If you wish to arrange your special event at our facility, please make plans 2 months in advance for summer booking and one month in advance for spring/fall/ winter season bookings.