Live-In Superintendent and Trainer
A. Who We Are
The opportunity is with the Carp Ridge EcoWellness Centre, an established 190-acre facility located outside of Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. As we continue to build on our development strategy, we are looking for a live-in couple to join a team that offers innovative healing with German New Medicine (GNM), programs for children, lifestyle workshops, and retreats for in-depth health, creativity, and spirituality.
B. The Role
We are currently looking for a live-in superintendent and trainer to oversee the day-to-day operations of the facility and to participate in the delivery of our services in our expanding division – the Carp Ridge Natural Health Clinic.
C. Statement of Qualifications
Qualities we require include:
• A minimum of 2 years related experience in a maintenance or superintendent role, including diagnosing and making adjustments to various problems related to water, lighting, HVAC, and other systems is required.
• Experience providing property management services to a facility such as snow removal and gardening is required.
• A background in wellness and the healing arts, such as yoga, Ayurveda, whole food, natural medicine, GNM, meditation, and visual arts is essential.
• Cooking skills with knowledge of whole foods: vegan, vegetarian, and grass-fed meat is essential. • Experience in leading cooking, yoga, and meditation classes is essential.
• Basic computer skills is a requirement (word processing and spreadsheets).
• Strong customer service orientation with the ability to build nurturing relationships.
• Ability to prioritize and have strong organization skills and time management.
• Ability to collaborate in an environment with fluctuating hours of work and on-call rotation as required, which may involve evenings and weekends.
• Valid Police Records Check issued within 6 months from the City of Ottawa.
• Valid driver’s license and clean drivers abstract.
D. What We Offer
What you will get in return is an opportunity to work at an established, cutting edge healing centre, collaborating with a team that is enthusiastic about what we do here.
The compensation package includes $19,105 annual salary, Shared accommodations provided, food, utilities paid, use of a car, parking, bonuses, health benefits and vacation time.